Bike From Hoi An To Nha Trang
This 5 day adventure takes you by bike from the World Heritage site of Hoi An to Nha Trang Beach. This unique journey is a fantastic way to see the Vietnamese coastline by bike and experience the countryside up close and personal. The itinerary can be done in reverse as well, for those starting in Nha Trang and wanting to end in Hoi An. Extensions to Hue are also possible on the reverse route.
(Hoi An – Tam Ky – Sa Huynh – Quy Nhon – Tuy Hoa – Nha Trang)
(Route can also be run in reverse)
Day 1: Hoi An to Tam Ky (80 km Total, 58 km ride – L,D)
- 7:30 am: Pick up at your hotel in Hoi An and vehicle transfer for about an hour to the trailhead. We start the ride on a 5 km long, pleasant road that then starts rolling into a rural area. From here on, the road meanders like a snake through rice paddy fields, fruit tree gardens, Casuarina and pine forests, sheltering most of our ride from the heat today.
- Picnic lunch is taken along the way.
- After lunch, continue our bike ride to Tam Ky City with an estimated arrival at 3:00 pm. Then check into Le Dung Hotel and relax.
- Dinner will be organized at a local restaurant.
- Overnight in Le Dung Hotel in Tam Ky.
Day 2: Tam Ky to Sa Huynh (170 km Total; 41 km ride – B,L,D)
- Buffet breakfast at hotel and an early departure at 7:30 am.
- An hour vehicle transfer (65km) from Tam Ky to Chau O Town. From here, we veer towards the coast to start our ride on country roads through Sa Ky fishing village to My Lai (the site made famous by the massacre of 504 locals during the Vietnam War).
- Lunch at local restaurant along the way.
- We continue biking in the afternoon along quiet country roads then transfer for an hour from Quang Ngai city to Sa Huynh beach
- Arrival at Sa Huynh beach resort in Quang Ngai at approximately 5:00 pm. Check in. Relax.
- Overnight in Sa Huynh beach resort in Quang Ngai.
Day 3: Sa Huynh to Quy Nhon (120 km Total; 60 km ride – B,L)
- Vehicle picks up at the hotel then transfer to Phu My Town (1 hour) where we start our ride.
- This is one of the best riding days, with rolling coasting line through rice paddy fields, salt making flats, fishing villages and mountainous areas.
- Enjoy your lunch at a local restaurant on the way.
- After lunch, continue riding to Tuy Phuoc Town where we meet our vehicle. Transfer for 30 minutes to Quy Nhon City. Arrival between 5:00 and 6:00 pm and check into Royal Hotel in Quy Nhon.
- Free evening to have dinner and explore the City on your own.
- Overnight in Royal Hotel in Quy Nhon.
Day 4: Quy Nhon to Tuy Hoa (90 km Total; 60 km ride – B,L,D)
- 7:30 am: Transfer for about 30 minutes out of the City for the start of our ride.
- This day is particularly long with 60 km of biking through cassava and sugar cane plantations. Transport vehicle is available for those wishing to bike shorter distances.
- The road wanders rolling hills through fantastic sections of forest.
- Lunch will be taken on the way (picnic style on this day).
- We will stop our ride at Chi Thanh (Tuy An) Town where our vehicle will transfer us for about 15 minutes to Ghenh Da Dia for a visit. Then head to Tuy Hoa City. Upon arrival, check into Phu Yen Hotel. Relax.
- Overnight in Saigon Phu Yen Hotel in Tuy Hoa.
Day 5: Tuy Hoa to Nha Trang (120 km Total; 40 km ride – B,L)
- 7:30 am: Start riding from the hotel.
- Today is a shorter biking day to Vinh Ro Bay then up to the top of Ca Pass. Be ready for a rolling brutal up hill in the last 15 km, but don’t forget to enjoy the jungle and the bay views on the both sides of the road. We will take a break at Vung Ro Bay for picture taking and a recharge of your energy levels before a final 3 km push to the top of Ca Pass (10% grade).
- Stop our ride at the top of the pass, vehicle pick up for the transfer to Nha Trang.
- Lunch at a local restaurant on the way.
- Arrival in Nha Trang between 3:30 and 4:30 pm. Drop off at your hotel. End trip.
|At a Glance||Overview|
|Depart From:||80 Le Hong Phong, Hoi An or pick up at your hotel|
|End At:||Your hotel in Nha Trang|
|Start Time:||7:30 am|
|Finish Time:||Typically 3:30 pm or 4:00 pm depending on the riders|
|Duration:||5 Days 4 Nights|
|Activities:||Back Road Cycling, Beaches, Sightseeing|
|Adventure Grade:||5 - Easy but long if the whole distance is biked|
|Transportation:||5 - Easy but long if the whole distance is biked|
|Meals:||Fruit snacks, purified drinking water, picnic lunch, hot meals in local restaurants with mostly Vietnamese food (rice, vegetables, meat). Simple but good. Please note one day in advance if you have special dietary requirements.|
|What to Bring:||Hat, sunscreen, repellent, camera, rain jacket, good shoes for walking and biking.|
|What's Included:||Trip includes English speaking guide, vehicle transfers, all activities listed above, hotel accommodation 4 nights, all meals and purified drinking water throughout the trip, except for 1 free night in Qui Nhon.|
|What's Not:||Soft drink, alcohol drink, personal major medical including evacuation insurance coverage is recommended|